I can’t believe it’s the new year already. Every year goes by quicker and quicker! I don’t usually make resolutions, but I have been thinking about what I’d like to accomplish (okay, so that sounds like a resolution; however, I’d like to think it’s a little more laid back and doesn’t add the pressure of a “resolution”)
- Cater a wedding – I haven’t done that in a while and I may have one on the books already
- Revamp this website – I’m getting bored with my logo, the fonts, the layout. In 2015 I hope to bring a whole new look to Icings on the Cake (how would you feel if I even changed the name?! Am I crazy?!)
- Host a Holiday Open House – I know, the holidays just ended, BUT with how fast the year flies by, I better start planning now. I’m thinking I would feature my dessert offerings for the holidays, have some to nibble on, give customers the opportunity to order, maybe have some crafty projects to sell to help make those family gathering special and unique – all in the comfort of a home!
- Cook through a cookbook – a colleague of mine, Becky Scent, has been doing that for the last year and I’ve enjoyed reading her reviews.
- Read 50 books – that’s my Goodreads Challenge for the year. I didn’t quite make it last year, but I’m determined this year
- Take time to create every week! It can be for my house (I have TONS of DIY ideas), something to spruce up the office, add things to my professional portfolio, try a new baking technique
- Spoil my husband – Jason is what he calls a “daytime dad” – he stays home during the day with our 4 kids and I have no clue how he does it. Our kids are awesome but they are exhausting! I need to do a better job of giving him time to himself and letting him know that his work is so important and so appreciated!
What are your goals for 2015?!